5 Actionable Tips to Become a Successful Blogger in 2022
Starting your personal blog can be both scary as well as a thrilling experience. If you are new and just starting your blog, the chances are high that you may make irreversible mistakes down the road. In this post, we are going to list some actionable tips and strategies that could possibly make you avoid any major pitfalls while starting your blog.
So roll up your sleeves while we uncover some of the best blogging strategies to start up with. Let dive in without further ado.
Pickup Your Niche Carefully
When it comes to blogging, you may have heard of the term niche. In fact the buzzword in blogging, the term niche refers to a genre, nature, and which audience you are trying to focus on with your blog.
Niche selection is a dilemma that many blogging enthusiasts come across. But it is not that difficult to figure your desired niche out. While starting a blog, ask yourself. What is it that you feel good about and would love to share your unique sense and experiences through your blog? Let’s put it in simple terms, a niche can be anything, but not limited to the following ideas that already exists.
- Technology Niche
- Traveling and Tourism Niche
- Fashion, Beauty and lifestyle
- Health, Diet and Nutrition Niche
- Sport and Entertainment
- Art and culture
The list goes on. The more you go specific with your niche selection, the better you will be in remaining focused and your work will get value in the search engine by sticking to relevancy and specificity to your niche.
Search engine, like Google weigh heavily on relevancy, content uniqueness and reflecting specificity in your content. With this tip in mind, you will have an easy time finding higher rankings for your blog as well as capturing the right viewers for your content to read, and get paid for it.
Domain Name Selection
Now that you have come out of your niche selection process, the it comes the time to find a domain name that best explain the nature of your blog. It’s a vital step in blogging to pick up the appropriate domain name for your blogging website.
Since you will not be able to change the domain later one, thus is very important to choose one that you can live with it for the rest of your life. Pay attention to the following tips while buying your domain name.
- Your domain name must be marketable, easy to remember and should reflect that nature of your blog.
- If you plan to start a best technology blog, your domain name must contain keyword related tech sector which is considered a good practice and also pays off in ranking and search engine optimization.
- Keep in mind that the domain should be easy to spell, pronounce and intuitive enough to be remembered.
Select a Reliable Web Hosting Service Provider
The 3rd founding block of creating a blog is to host your domain with a reliable web hosting company. When it comes to hosting, make sure you do a little homework or ask friends in your circle that may recommend you the perfect web hosting company for your website. Many things come into account when choosing web hosting. Make sure you double check each hosting provider with the following perimeters.
- Server uptime
- Hosting security
- Bandwidth allocation
- Fast customer service support
After hosting your domain name, the development phase kicks in. In this phase you will have to hire a web developer to develop your website. Blogging websites are commonly developed in WordPress, or in other languages such as PHP etc.
If you plan to develop your on wordpress, make sure to choose a theme that is both user-friendly as well search engine friendly. Certain themes do better than others, so make sure you go with the one which has received enough good reviews from the previous users, has a fast loading speed and easy to customize and scalable in the future.
Analysis your site after developmental phase to make sure:
- It loads up in its standard time.
- Every element of the site is properly functioning.
- The design, layout and various other buttons are working.
Now that you have all set perfectly form the developmental side. The next step is to start marketing your blog. Blog marketing typically include writing off-page and on-page blogs about the top notch topics that have a huge search volume and can actually resolve a problem.
Consider the following tips to start writing your first blog.
- Lengthy blogs with enough citations and stats are considered best for both users as well search engine.
- Lengthy blogposts increase the dwell time and the more people come and stay on your website, the better your site becomes in the search engine radar.
- A good blogpost must be of 1000 word count. In addition the article should be easy for reader, unique and clean of complex terminologies.
Muhammad Junaid is a Senior Analyst, Search Engine Expert, and CEO of Rank Higher. Extensive experience in SEO, Analytics, Research, and Blogging. Work for years with local and international enterprises for 7+ years. Also, represent well-known brands in the UAE.